Saturday, July 16, 2011

The flight - stepping back for a moment.

I don't know how I overlooked it (perhaps it was getting used to a new country at the time) but I didn't post anything about Rosie's first airborne journey - an important and historic moment in her tiny life. Here we are en route to the UK from Malaysia. The photos are taken with my Ipod, so the quality is not great, but they are still very sweet, and document that, yet again, Rosie astounded us and took the whole thing in her stride. Months of fretting about a screaming child and being trapped for 14 hours on a plane melted away soon after take off, as Rosie took to flying like she had been doing it for years.
First job - check the movie channels...and yes! Finding Nemo is showing!! That's the first two hours taken care of.
Some hours later. Rosie pretending not to be tired. This time it's 'A bugs life' on the telly. Not quite Nemo, but still worth trying to stay awake for.

The entire 14 hours, (and the connection in Dubai) were a joy-thanks Rosie! The world is now truly your oyster.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been in here before. I always just read the posts in my email. Well done for keeping this up. Might I suggest you try to recover you amusing tone from before. You've become a little bit earnest and American of late.

    Great blog though and one Rosie will love when she's 18.

    Nicolas

    ReplyDelete